Central Kitchens at Al Maryah Central
Al Maryah Central, Abu Dhabi’s next generation mall located in the heart of Al Maryah Island, today unveiled its unique dining destination, Central Kitchens. A first of its kind in Abu Dhabi, Central Kitchens is a unique gastronomic experience of global cuisine types, all gathered in one curated environment.
Once it opens in 2018, Al Maryah Central will combine with The Galleria to form a 2.8 million-square-feet super-regional mall. Designed by Rockwell Group, Central Kitchens will feature five unique dining districts, each inspired by family-oriented home lifestyle themes and containing a carefully curated collection of the most exciting food and beverage offerings in Abu Dhabi.
The districts offer a variety of design environments, seating styles and cuisine types that provide a vibrant space that brings people together to socialise and enjoy great food.Kevin Ryan, Chief Operating Officer and Managing Director, Gulf Related, said: “Central Kitchens introduces a captivating new concept to Abu Dhabi that, along with The Galleria, will become the Emirate’s finest and most comprehensive dining option.
The five themed dining areas provide a unique experience that caters to the diverse tastes of Abu Dhabi’s residents and visitors alike. We have promised to bring the latest and best dining options to Al Maryah Central, and Central Kitchens certainly achieves that for the 20 million people expected to visit the mall annually.”He added: “Central Kitchens will seamlessly fit with the extraordinary combination of the best shopping, dining and family entertainment at Al Maryah Central – which upon completion will be the centre of urban life in Abu Dhabi.”Building on the positive momentum on Al Maryah Island, The Galleria, Abu Dhabi’s luxury fashion and dining destination, recently secured leases to bring seven more leading restaurants to its current Dining Collection.
Joining popular existing restaurants such as Zuma and Bentley’s Bistro, the latest venues include La Petite Maison, Roberto’s, Coya, Nusr-Et, Eat Greek and Loca. The Dining Collection represents one of the most desirable dining destinations in the Middle East, reflecting The Galleria’s commitment to delivering excellence to the capital.Central Kitchens is designed by world-renowned architect and award-winning restaurant and theater designer David Rockwell. The dining environment is influenced by Arabic motifs and contemporary design inspired by international best-in-class dining destinations such as Eataly New York, Schrannenhalle Munich, Pasarbella Singapore, Todd English Food Hall New York, De Bijenkorf Kitchen Amsterdam and Karl’s Kitchen Stuttgart.
The intent of the Central Kitchens is to consolidate a curated selection of the region’s best food and beverage concepts and styles on one floor plate – offering a culinary journey of the world.David Rockwell, Founder and President of Rockwell Group, said: “Drawing in many influences from across the region we have created a lush, green space for visitors to connect directly with nature.
Cascading plants, wall gardens, and hanging greenery create the illusion of Central Kitchens being an indoor-outdoor space. Traditional Arabic patterns and textures have been modernised and abstracted with a custom-designed metal and tile screen that lines the upper perimeter of Central Kitchens and embraces the five themed dining areas.
”Located in Al Maryah Central’s expansive towering Central Atrium, Central Kitchens consists of five unique dining districts, each designed to capture the character of different elements of the home experience:
- The Living Room: The Living Room offers a familiar, family-friendly experience in a sophisticated and inspiring setting – “dining together as a family, in the heart of the home”. The Living Room features three tenancies, plus one full service feature restaurant and complements the Central Kitchens offer with fast-casual choices and impulse indulgences.
- The Study: A place to share ideas, communicate, learn and relax in the tranquil surroundings of The Study. The elegant, classic design exudes sophistication and charm and features three tenancies, plus one full service destination restaurant and complementary food retail outlets, making this the perfect place to enjoy a meal, or get lost within the pages of a good book.
- The Garden Kitchen: The Garden Kitchen is an interactive garden inspired experience where food comes to life and is celebrated from farm-gate to plate. This is a place to educate a new generation and go back to basics and enjoy cooking with raw, pure ingredients. The Garden Kitchen will feature four tenancies, plus one full service feature restaurant that will accompany hand selected tenancies planned around vertical gardens, kitchen display walls and family dining tables.
- The Courtyard: Highlighting the urban landscape and natural beauty of the surrounding area, The Courtyard is a vibrant blend of interior and exterior design, with a selection of four smart casual and quick service tenancies, plus one signature destination café style restaurant that offers sweeping interior views of the project’s Central Atrium and exterior vistas of The Galleria and Abu Dhabi. Design elements such as green planted walls and urban themed open-kitchen pavilions are complemented by the street cart retail found within the space.
- The Patio: The Patio offers a stunning indoor and outdoor dining experience within Central Kitchens signature destination restaurant and features a show kitchen and a year-round enclosed greenhouse style patio terrace.
When it opens its doors, Al Maryah Central, will also be home to a 21-screen VOX Cinema with IMAX. When combined with The Galleria the mall will feature over 500 brands, with leading retailers including Al Tayer Group, Majid Al Futtaim Group, Dubai Holding Group, Chalhoub Group and others.